Expanded metal is formed from a single sheet of metal. The expansion process does not involve any interweaving, interslotting, blazing or welding.
Hence, the expanded metal comes supplied as a single jointless continuous sheet, retaining all the inherent strength of metal plus the many derived advantages from the process.
Macro-Mesh industrial expanded metal meshes are manufactured for various high performance industrial applications. It is highly flexible and can be fabricated in various shapes and sizes, and yet retains its strong and durable characteristics.
- Cutting to shape is the only fabrication. Even when cut into irregular shapes and left unframed – the mesh does not fray.
- Very efficient conductor.
- The uncut knuckles support weight and withstand stress better than joints of welds.
- Higher strength-to-weight ratio than the original sheet material.
- Allows free passage to light, heat, sound and air.
- Screening effect.
- Makes an excellent reinforcement material.
- Provides anti-slip surface.
- The consistent diamond-pattern looks attractive.
Expanded Metal Standard Sizes
Click here for detailed table.
Selection Table for Walkways
|Load||Nominal Span of Mesh - Simply Supported|
|Distributed - 2.5 kN / m2||MM 50080, MM 50075||MM 50080, MM 50075||MM 50110, MM 50105|
|Distributed - 5.0 kN / m2||MM 50080, MM 50075||MM 50110, MM 50105|
|Concentrated - 1.1 kN @ 1.2m CTRS||MM 50080, MM 50075||MM 50080, MM 50075||MM 50110, MM 50105|
Trade Tolerance +/-10%
The selection guide assumes mesh spanning in the direction of long way mesh (LWM) having a minimum of every fourth strand welded on support and minimum 25 mm end bearing.